Tuesday 2 October 2007

Mudeungsan, Gwangju -- Sep 24, 2007



I went to Mudeungsan with Riaz, Raheel, Farrukh and Tallal. It was a rainy day and I thought we were going to Chosun university in downtown, but on the GIST gate they told me that they want to go to Mudeungsan first. I resisted but they were not ready to listen, so we went to Mudeungsan using bus 9. We all had umbrellas and decided to hike the mountain. Initially I thought it was not a good idea as the weather is not good and track would be dangerous apart from my lack of stamina, but again they dragged me up. It was very hard to climb and at each step I was wishing to see the peak as soon as possible. With a lot of resistance and encouragement we hike quite high. From that peak nothing was visible as everything was covered with mist and we decided to descend after taking many pictures there. The downhill was also challenging as the danger of getting slipped increased. Eventually we came down. While in the bus we decided to go back to GIST and postpone the visit to Chosun university on some other day as we all were very tired and Farrukh had to cook. That was a nice day and we talked and joked a lot. My camera was slipped from the hand and hit a hard rock but it survived. It was a nice trip. Thank you all guys.